Researchers at Leeds Beckett University have partnered with Universities in Australia and Greece for the CoachMADE project.
Curtin University (Australia) and Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece) have partnered with Leeds Beckett thanks to funding from the International Olympic Committee.
As part of the project, coaches are being offered the opportunity to attend free workshops at Leeds Beckett University in August/September 2017. The workshops will promote healthy athlete development and sustained engagement in sport with a specific focus on:
1) Effective motivation strategies
2) Proactive anti-doping strategies
Participation is open to coaches involved in coaching at any competitive level who:
• Work with a squad of at least eight athletes aged 14+ years old
• See the same group on a regular basis (i.e., at least once per week)
• Coach within a 40-mile radius of Leeds
• Attend two workshops (maximum of three hours per workshop)
• Complete a 15-minute questionnaire along with your athletes at three time-points over a five-month period (this will be arranged at a time and place most convenient to you/your athletes)
You will receive an Amazon voucher for your participation on completion of the project.
If you would like to register your interest in participating or would like more information, please contact Dr Lisa Whitaker via L.A.Whitaker@leedsbeckett.ac.uk or on 0113 8128651.