Join us at our first #YSFConnect event: Places and People in Community Development. It’s a FREE networking and CPD event with a focus on asset based community development (ABCD). Register now
Keynote: Rashida Salloo
Rashida is the founder of Batley-based Ready Steady Active. She will share her story from how she became physically active herself, and how she now uses physical activity to address health and social issues in community settings to great effect. This will include a question and answer session.
Workshop – What is ABCD?
- An introduction to Asset based community development (ABCD) and its implications.
- How can it be implemented into your work?
- Different approaches, when and why it could be used to benefit your community.
Workshop – Providing evidence for your impact
Shephard & Moyes – Shephard & Moyes Ltd. was set up in 2012 in order to provide useful and effective monitoring and evaluation support to clients. The company have gained a strong reputation and track record working with clients as diverse as the Premier League and the Tolpuddle Old Chapel Trust.
- Explain the ‘Theory of Change’ approach, providing examples of how this approach has been used to provide evidence on impact in a wide range of community based programmes.
- Provide examples of methods and tools you may wish to you when measuring the impact you make.
- How do you provide robust evidence to evidence the work you do?
- Examples of evaluating a ‘Placed-based Approach’ and ‘Sport for Change Approach’
Lunch and networking
Please note that this event is open to all partners in South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire. However, the event will be repeated in a South Yorkshire venue in early 2018 should this be more convenient.