Are you passionate about making a difference to people’s lives through them being more active every day?
Can you connect and influence partners from different sectors to collaborate together across Wakefield to enable and encourage people to do this?
As the Development Manager for Wakefield you will develop, foster and manage relationships in Wakefield and, as an integral member of the local team, you will nurture relationships that result in people being more active, particularly people living with the greatest challenges who will benefit most.
You will join an experienced team at Yorkshire Sport Foundation, and be based with the Wakefield Council Sport and Health Improvement team at the Wakefield One building, Wakefield. The role is part funded by Wakefield Council.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Working across organisational boundaries
- Process and project management
- Competent in the facilitation of groups and stakeholder networks
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to forge strong relationships
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and apply constructive challenge
- Able to achieve high quality outcomes within set deadlines
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is one of England’s largest Active Partnerships with an excellent reputation and track record. Expect to be able to work at the forefront of sport and physical activity development, shaping current thinking and influencing local policy approaches. Our vision is a vibrant, healthy and prosperous Yorkshire through sport and physical activity.
How to apply
Visit the job advert page for the full recruitment pack and details of how to apply.
Closing date: Monday 29 April (9am)