#MyClubPeople can help your club to recruit and retain volunteers. If you need an extra pair of hands to help at your club then we can support you.
In 2016, Yorkshire Sport Foundation supported clubs across South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire to recruit and train 92 volunteers as part of #MyClubPeople. Of those, 77 people filled non-coaching roles including club welfare officer and volunteer coordinator.
As well as a focus on non-coaching volunteers, clubs could also get a grant of up to £150 to recruit young coaches.
If you’re successful in applying for a #MyClubPeople grant, you will receive:
Applications are now open, and if your club is successful in applying for a #MyClubPeople grant, you will get support to recruit volunteers, including:
- A £150 grant
- two places at a volunteer support workshop
- volunteer resource pack
- online volunteer resource centre
- support from our team
- a hooded top for your volunteer when they have completed 20 hours
If successful, clubs will need to:
- Sign up to the Club Matters website
- attend our volunteer support workshop
- recruit a non-coaching volunteer or young coach (ages 16-19)
- report back to us on your progress
- support the volunteers into training as required
- complete an end of project survey and case study
The volunteer workshops will be held on:
Thursday 10 August 6.30pm – 8.30pm at New York Stadium, Rotherham
Thursday 17 August, 6.30pm – 8.30pm at Cleckheaton Town Hall.