Our work in community sport is widespread and varied to achieve our aims of ‘More people taking part in sport on a regular basis’ and ‘Greater inclusivity so that everyone can take part’.
Here’s a brief overview of our projects:
- Active Burngreave is a project working in partnership with Sport England and Comic Relief to create community change in a Sheffield town.
- Better in Kirklees is a social prescribing scheme, working in partnership with Touchstone, linking patients referred by their GP or Adult Social Care to voluntary and community sector support, to supplement their NHS care.
- Satellite clubs are extensions of community sports clubs which can offer a different sporting experience for young people, with funding available to set one up.
- Sportivate is a project aimed to get more 11-25 year olds taking part in sport or physical activity.
- We offer support to talented athletes, specifically through our STARS programme in West Yorkshire.
- Our Youth Council gives young people the opportunity to shape the direction of sport for others their age.