The scheme provides nationally ranked sports athletes with free access to participating sports facilities in the county for personal training and development.
The STARS scheme aims to provide opportunities for athletes, including those with disabilities who are. To be eligible, you must be:
- A current national sports person. This is defined as being part of the national squad within the last 12 months, currently in the top 20 of their governing body ranking list, or currently part of the national training programme
- Either a resident in West Yorkshire for the majority of the year, member of a West Yorkshire club or studying in West Yorkshire
- Able to provide national governing body evidence to support their application.
- Part of the amateur game. The scheme is not for professional players.
- There are no age restrictions for applicants to this scheme
You can view the list of participating providers HERE
Applications are currently open until Friday 22 March. Apply online HERE
You can view the terms and conditions HERE
Please note that this service is not available in South Yorkshire.