Sport England have launched an ‘Open Call’ to invite innovative solutions in response COVID-related challenges or barriers to people.
Innovation comes in all shapes and sizes. You might know someone who has a whole new product, a new way of delivering an existing product or a tiny change that has a big effect.
Research shows major inequalities within society, with too many of us not able to access activity in the same way and missing out on the health benefits. These inequalities aren’t new, but they are being exacerbated by the pandemic which is why we want to act now to ensure they don’t get worse.
Sport England are looking to hear existing or adaptable innovative solutions that solve specific COVID related challenges that are impacting the audiences we care most about and are least well served currently.
The challenges we are focusing on first are:
- changes in circumstances due to COVID-19,
- mental health impacts and
- the risk of digital exclusion.
We believe that innovation can play a key role in helping people overcome these challenges so they can lead more active lives, and in turn help tackle the inequalities that exist within society.
The key messages we are focusing on:
- This is about how innovation can help address inequalities. We want to hear from individuals and organisations that offer solutions specifically developed to support women, people on low incomes, older adults, people from BAME backgrounds, disabled people or people living with long-term health conditions. We welcome ideas that work at the intersection of these audiences.
- We are looking for solutions that specifically focus on the challenges outlined in the call.
- We want to help these audiences quickly, therefore we are looking for products or solutions that are already worked up and ready to deliver positive impact within the next 6 months.
- We are particularly interested in supporting organisations that are new to us, that may never have heard of Sport England before, and may be in other industries, because we know there is a wealth of talent unknown to us with vital contributions to make.
- We are offering a range of support – access to our connections, advice, research and insight or a small amount of funding.
The fund is open until 24th June
Visit the website to find out more: https://www.sportengland.org/innovationopencall.