Two schools from Rotherham were celebrating last week after winning the South Yorkshire School Games rugby finals, organised by Yorkshire Sport Foundation and the South Yorkshire School Games team.
Sitwell Junior School were victorious in the primary school tag rugby competition, and Wickersley School and Sports College took home the trophy for the secondary school competition.
Schools qualified for the event that was held at Sheffield Hallam Sports Park by coming through district competitions, for the chance to be crowned the best in the county.
Sheffield Eagles Director of Rugby, Mark Aston, and former England international and now Sheffield Eagles Foundation Development Officer, Andrea Dobson, were on hand to present the trophies to the winning teams.
The organisers would like to thank King Edward VII secondary school for supporting the event with volunteers.
Primary school competition
1. Sitwell Junior School (Rotherham)
2. Armthorpe Shaw Wood Academy (Doncaster)
3. Hartley Brook Primary (Sheffield)
4. St. Bede’s Catholic Primary School (Rotherham)
Secondary school competition
1. Wickersley School and Sport College (Rotherham)
2. Brinsworth Academy (Rotherham)
3. Maltby Academy (Rotherham)
4. Kirk Balk Academy (Barnsley)
5. MaCauley Catholic High School (Doncaster)
6. King Edward VII School (Sheffield)