Are you passionate about making a difference to people’s lives through them being more active every day?
Can you connect, influence and support partners from different sectors to work together to encourage and enable people to do this? We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Development Officer for Wakefield.
You will develop and manage relationships across the district, and represent Yorkshire Sport Foundation in a range of partnerships and networks. You will support community physical activity providers and sports clubs to create opportunities for people to be more active, particularly people living with the greatest challenges who will benefit most.
You will also have the opportunity to deliver project work across South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire, and to help increase participation in the Sport England Active Lives Children and Young People survey, by working with local partners to engage schools.
You will join our experienced team that is committed to delivering our vision of a vibrant, healthy and prosperous Yorkshire through everyone moving more.
We are open to offering this post as a secondment. This would need approval from your current employer and both organisations agreeing the terms of the arrangement.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
• Able to manage projects
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and able to work alone on occasions, juggling multiple priorities.
• Confidently support change through empowering communities and influencing stakeholders
• Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders
• Use analytical skills and appraise data and insight to support work
• Travel around South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is one of England’s largest Active Partnerships with an excellent reputation and track record.
We believe in the power of movement, physical activity and sport to improve lives, and are passionate about enabling everyone to enjoy the benefits of an active life.