Hosted by JU:MP, the Bradford Local Delivery Pilot, on Tuesday November 29, 2022, from 10:00 – 14:30, this event is the first in a series of regional events that will focus on sharing learning on different elements of whole systems physical activity working and ‘place-based’ approaches.
There is a huge amount to share from the work of the Local Delivery Pilots. We also know that there are many other people and places working in this way that have a story to tell.
The aim of the event is to bring key regional partners together to share experiences on whole of systems physical activity approaches and this first event will focus on:
• A locality/neighbourhood approach to whole systems physical activity working including a case study of Scotchman Road neighbourhood in Bradford
• The role of parks and greenspace in place-based approaches to tackling inactivity
The event will also provide an opportunity for networking and building partnerships for those interested in place-based approached to tackling inactivity.
The event will include:
• A walking tour of the JU:MP Scotchman Road neighbourhood
• Presentations from Bradford, Doncaster and Calderdale Local Delivery Pilots
• Sharing future plans on place-based approaches by Sport England
• Workshops and presentations from wider partners – Get Set Leeds Local will feature during this event
In addition, a combination of face to face and online workshops is planned from January 2023 where the learning from additional topics, and geographical areas, will be shared more widely.
Who is this event for?
Leaders and managers who have a key role around physical activity, primarily from across the Yorkshire region. We will open the event to wider partners if capacity allows.