A Walk in My Shoes
Monday 14th November 2022
6.30pm – 7.30pm
Martin Roberts is one of the UK’s leading experts in the lived mental health experience.
A teenage survivor of the Hillsborough disaster, Martin shares his vulnerability by speaking openly about that fateful day and how unbeknown to him, it would be the catalyst of what would be another personal fight for survival some 28 years later.
His signature talk ‘A Walk in My Shoes’ truly shows people how important it is to prioritise your mental health and how leaders, players, staff, coaches and parents/carers within the football community can take some key steps to support themselves and those in their care.
Key Learnings will include:
– Why Martin didn’t talk about poor mental health and reach out for help quickly.
– Suicidal Ideation and tendencies and why suicide appeared to be the best solution even though it really wasn’t.
– Significance of taking two steps forward and saying three words ‘’I Need Help’’
– Establishing the important role in daring to be vulnerable and taking two steps forward.
– How you and your organisation/team can support its stakeholders to recover from poor mental health.
– Positively demonstrate how you and your organisation/team can use personal experience as a catalyst for change and become a beacon of light to other people.
The focus of the keynote presentation is not on the magnitude of the event. The focus is on the significant emotional, physical and behavioural impact it had on Martin’s wellbeing, family, friendships, colleagues and employer and how the three words “I need help,” saved Martin’s life.
Martin also shares the support mechanisms he put in place to aid his recovery plus the significant role everyone can contribute to when others are experiencing the same journey.
THIS WEBINAR IS FREE TO ALL DELEGATES AND POST EVENT INFO WILL BE ACCESSIBLE GIVING PEOPLE THE CHANCE TO REVIEW THE INFORMATION IN THE WEBINAR TO SOLIDIFY THEIR UNDERSTANDING.
A RECORDING OF THE WEBINAR WILL BE SENT TO ALL DELEGATES, SO IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT ON THE NIGHT, STILL REGISTER AND WE WILL SEND YOU THE FULL EVENT VIA EMAIL AFTERWARDS.