Yorkshire Sport Foundation is a great place to work, with 94% of staff saying they felt valued and supported by colleagues. Best Companies rate us as 4th best charity to work for in UK in 2023. We came in as 16th small company in UK and 18th of all companies in Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion. Yorkshire Sport Foundation have undertaken and completed the Disability Confident self-assessment and are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer
- 27 days holiday rising to 32 days after 5 years (FTE)
- Flexible working hours including working from home to support a good work-life balance
- Regular reviews to support your continued professional development
- Group Personal Pension Employer contribution of 6% – employee contribution of 3%
- Employee Assistance programme with 24/7 access to a financial, wellbeing, legal and GP helpline for you and your family
Internal and external learning and development opportunities
- Group Life Assurance of four-times salary (subject to Insurance underwriting terms). Current Insurance Policy includes access to bereavement and probate advice/counselling
- Company Maternity pay
- Company sick pay – full pay for varying periods of time, dependent upon service
- Tech and Cycle scheme allowing savings on purchases of bikes and computers, with payments to be made monthly through salary sacrifice
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Free eye tests through Vision Express
- Free secure parking at Head Office (Morley), use of showers and lockers
There are several bus routes to the office with buses from Leeds, Heckmondwike and Batley stopping less than five minutes from the office. There are also buses from Bradford, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Pudsey and Wakefield that are a 10 minute walk away.
Morley train station is the closest station and is a 30 minute walk or 6 minutes in a taxi. From here there are trains to Leeds, Huddersfield and all the stations between Morley and Huddersfield (Batley, Dewsbury, Ravensthorpe, Mirfield and Deighton).
There is free secure parking at the office for all staff (subject to number of available car park passes). There is also road parking at the front of the building.
For those who cycle or walk to work we have a number of showers and lockers available.
We have lifts available and a number of wheelchair accessible toilets.
Multi-faith prayer room
We have a quiet/prayer room available for anyone who wishes to use this.
Our recruitment process
We’ve made our recruitment process as easy and straightforward as possible.
Our online application form is the start of the process and the information you provide will be used in our shortlisting process.
We’ll ask you to provide details of your relevant skills, experience, any qualifications that may be relevant and give you the chance to explain why you want to work for us.
You will be asked to log in so your progress fill-in the form can be saved.
Once you submit your application, we’ll review it. If we feel you’re suitable we’ll invite you to an interview.
We appreciate every application sent through to us, so if you’re unsuccessful on this occasion, we’ll let you know by email.
We use an anonymised shortlisting process to complement our unconscious bias training and support our Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
This removes the candidate’s name and other identifying factors such as age and gender, so we can ensure we hire based on merit only.
Current jobs and volunteering opportunities with us can be seen below:
Who are we?
We believe in the power of sport and physical activity to change people’s lives. Our vision is to create a vibrant, healthy and prosperous Yorkshire through sport, supporting the work of local, regional and national organisations.