We believe in the power of sport and physical activity to change people’s lives. Our vision is to create a vibrant, healthy and prosperous Yorkshire through sport, supporting the work of local, regional and national organisations.
CONNECT: We work with the District Activity Partnerships (DAPs) bringing together organisations and communities to plan and create the environment for better delivery.
- In Sheffield we led the development and implementation of the city councils’ £120k Athletics Plan for the city
- A greater focus on clubs and volunteers has been boosted with a successful bid for Sport England innovation funding for a Club Matters project, a national pilot project for club support
INFLUENCE: We promote the value and provision of activity among major decision making bodies in our area.
- We support Primary Schools to make best use of the Primary School Sport Premium.
PROVIDE: Our charitable status as a CSP allows us to identify and fill gaps in provision across the nine districts.
- Satellite Clubs creates on-site branch of a local sports club in every secondary school and college
- Mums’ Team, part of the national ‘Reach’ Campaign encourages women to deliver activities in the community
- We delivered a Sport Village in Sheffield for Sport Relief and a Sainsbury’s Sport Relief mile in Leeds.