Yorkshire Sport Foundation is a Lottery funded charity, supporting organisations across the nine districts of South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the power of sport and physical activity to change people’s lives. Our vision is to create a vibrant, healthy and prosperous Yorkshire through sport, supporting the work of local, regional and national organisations.
CONNECT: We work with the District Activity Partnerships (DAPs) bringing together organisations and communities to plan and create the environment for better delivery.
- In Sheffield we led the development and implementation of the city councils’ £120k Athletics Plan for the city
- A greater focus on clubs and volunteers has been boosted with a successful bid for Sport England innovation funding for a Club Matters project, a national pilot project for club support
INFLUENCE: We promote the value and provision of activity among major decision making bodies in our area.
- Our experienced and motivated staff work witch organisations across Yorkshire to ensure the benefits of activity considered at every stage of planning and delivery of services.
- We support Primary Schools to make best use of the Primary School Sport Premium.
- Our Blogs bring together insight and wider thoughts about how we can snake a lasting change
PROVIDE: Our charitable status and Sport England Lottery fundingas allows us to identify and fill gaps in provision across the nine districts.
- Satellite clubs make it easier for young people to get active – and stay active. They provide opportunities to take part regularly in sport and activity through the creation of enjoyable, appealing and convenient opportunities for young people that are based around their needs.
- Mums’ Team, part of the national ‘Reach’ Campaign encourages women to deliver activities in the community
- We delivered a Sport Village in Sheffield for Sport Relief and a Sainsbury’s Sport Relief mile in Leeds.
Read more about About us