We are committed to providing opportunities for young people to get involved in sport and physical activity, not only as participants but also as coaches, leaders and volunteers.
In an ever changing landscape, we aim to work with and support a wide range of partners to increase opportunities for children and young people.
We support a number of projects and initiatives focused on increasing the number of young people involved in sport and physical activity.
- We support schools to deliver outstanding PE, Sport and Physical Activity opportunities and advice on how to spend the PE & Sport premium effectively.
- We coordinate the School Games county provision in South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
- In Further Education we support the 19 colleges that span South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
- The Daily Mile aims to improve the physical, social, emotional and mental wellbeing of our children.
- The Active School Awards 2021 celebrate the South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire schools who have kept children active over the past year.
- Centres of Excellence are schools with expertise and outstanding practice in their specialist areas.
- The Creating Active Schools Framework was developed by an independent group of experts to promote a whole systems approach to school improvement.We are co-ordinating the Opening School Facilities investment across South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire to support schools to open their facilities outside of the normal school day to allow young people more opportunities to be physically active, supporting their physical and mental wellbeing.
As your Lottery-funded active partnership we are partner neutral. This means that we do not quality assure or endorse any specific organisation over another. This responsibility lies with schools.