We are committed to providing opportunities for young people to get involved in sport and physical activity, not only as participants but also as coaches, leaders and volunteers.
In an ever changing landscape, we aim to work with and support a wide range of partners to increase opportunities for children and young people.
We support a number of projects and initiatives focused on increasing the number of young people involved in sport and physical activity.
- Advantage:YOU is our internship programme for University students.
- 1k-A-Day is our initiative to get primary school children active every day by completing 1 kilometre.
- We do much more work with Primary PE & Sport, including supporting schools to make best use of the Sports Premium.
- We coordinate the Level 3 School Games in South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
- In Further Education we support the 19 colleges that span South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.