This summer we are taking School Games online!
The day will involve multiple activities that can be done at home or in school and can take the place of the traditional ‘Sports Day’ that will be largely missed. Schools will be able to compete against each other across the county and be part of something big. There will be a number of prizes on offer too!
West Yorkshire School Games – Virtual Sports Day:
Tuesday 7 July 2020, 10am
- Full Results spreadsheet
- Participant video:
South Yorkshire School Games – Virtual Sports Day:
Friday 10 July 2020, 10am
- Read the guide here
- Watch the Good Luck messages for SGOs
- Event video premiers 10am Friday 10 July 2020:
- Enter the results here – (Link will be live when the games commence and will close 12pm Monday 13 July)
- Results will be announced at Monday 13 July in the afternoon
Please click here to register your interest.
The School Games is a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire millions of young people across the country to take part in more competitive school sport.
The Games are made up of four levels of activity: competition in schools, between schools, at county/area level and a national finals event:
Level 1 – sporting competition for all students in school through intra-school competition
Level 2 – individuals and teams are selected to represent their schools in local inter-school competitions
Level 3 – the county/area will stage multi-sport School Games festivals as a culmination of year-round school sport competition
Level 4 – the School Games finals: a national multi-sport event where the most talented young people in the UK will be selected to compete in our national sporting venues.
Yorkshire Sport Foundation organise the Level 3 Games in South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
How can I get involved?
- All school staff and PE teachers can start by encouraging young people to participate in sport and competitive opportunities within their own schools.
- Contact your local School Games Organiser for details of local qualifying competitions and inter school events. School Games Organisers are staff tasked with coordinating and delivering district qualifying rounds before schools can compete at a County level.
- There are a few ‘open’ events for direct entry that do not require qualification.
For more detailed information about the School Games, see the left hand side of this page for specific links.
For the latest news and results, search Twitter for #SYSG and #WYSG.
Check out our photos on our facebook page.
We have taken the decision to cancel all School Games county final events in West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire that were due to take place the 2019/2020 academic year.
Further decisions will be made in line with schools, venues the Government‘s advice on mass gatherings, advice on social distancing in sporting events and Sport England‘s position on the School Games competition structure.
The West Yorkshire Winter and Summer Festivals are in association with Leeds Beckett University.