What is the School Games in South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire?
The School Games programme aims to provide every child in year 3 to 13 across all education settings with a positive experience where the young person’s motivation, competence and confidence are at the centre of all provision.
The School Games programme has evolved, concentrating on the least active and those who need it most, such as those most affected by Covid-19. The emphasis will be placed around school engagement and most notably:
- ’60 Active Minutes’ as an entitlement for every child as part of a universal offer for all schools
- Helping targeted young people to support their physical literacy, emotional, social and physical wellbeing, including through events and competitions
- Having a clear focus on transition points
- Providing high-quality leadership and volunteering experiences
- Raising the profile of School Games through schools to parents and wider stakeholders.
How can my school get involved?
To get involved in your local School Games offer, please contact your local School Games Organiser.
School Games Organisers are there to support schools in providing an impactful programme that addresses local need. This is achieved through coordinating appropriate activity opportunities for all young people in year 3 to 13, recruiting and training young leaders and to support the development of club opportunities.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact email@example.com