Our work in community sport is widespread and varied to achieve our aims of ‘More people taking part in sport on a regular basis’ and ‘Greater inclusivity so that everyone can take part’.
Here’s a brief overview of our projects:
- Active Dearne is an exciting programme to support adults and families on low working incomes across the Dearne Valley to become more active.
- Active Burngreave is a project working in partnership with Sport England and Comic Relief to create community change in a Sheffield town.
- Levelling the Field is a women’s empowerment project, which uses sport and activity as a tool to build confidence and resilience funded by Comic Relief.
- We offer support to talented athletes, specifically through our STARS programme in West Yorkshire.
Around 70% of our resources are focussed on 36 of our low-income communities identified for further support. They are listed below, and available on a map here.
• Kendray & Worsbrough
• Athersley & New Lodge
• Bowling & Barkerend
• Great & Little Horton
• Halifax East: Illingworth, Ovenden & Mixenden
• Dearne Valley (Conisbrough, Mexbrough, Denaby)
• Kirklees North: Dewsbury, Ravensthorpe, Batley
• Birkby & Fartown
• Dalton & Rawthorpe
• Leeds East: Seacroft, Gipton & Harehills, Burmantofts
• Leeds South: Hunslet, Holbeck, Middleton Park, Beeston
• Rotherham East: Eastwood, East Dene, Dalton
• Dearne Valley (Swinton, Wath, Bolton-Upon-Dearne)
• Firth Park & Burngreave
• Manor & Arbourthorne
• South East: South Elmsall & Hemsworth
• North East: Airedale, Ferry Fryston & Knotingley