Community groups and organisations across South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire are being invited to use the power of sport to bring people together, by applying for a Community Games grant from Yorkshire Sport Foundation.
We are making £20,000 available for events that will support opportunities for people to come together as the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted. All successful applicants will receive £300 towards a one-off event that is already planned, or to create a new one-off event. The funding is to support the inclusion of sport and physical activity, with all events required to take place outside and following Government guidance linked to Covid-19.
- There must be a sport or physical activity element to the event.
- It should be a one-off event delivered before Thursday 30 September 2021.
- The event must be at least three weeks away from date of application submission.
- All events must be outside.
- Go ahead of events will be confirmed when government restrictions are lifted (expected date 19 July 2021).