Community groups and organisations across South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire are being invited to use the power of sport to bring people together, by applying for a Community Games grant from Yorkshire Sport Foundation.
We are making £20,000 available for events that will support opportunities for people to come together as the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted. All successful applicants will receive £300 towards a one-off event that is already planned, or to create a new one-off event. The funding is to support the inclusion of sport and physical activity, with all events required to take place outside and following Government guidance linked to Covid-19.
- There must be a sport or physical activity element to the event.
- It should be a one-off event delivered before Thursday 30 September 2021.
- The event must be at least three weeks away from date of application submission.
- All events must be outside.
- Go ahead of events will be confirmed when government restrictions are lifted (expected date 19 July 2021).
All events must take place on or before Thursday 30 September. Download and complete the application form, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 26 July.