Yorkshire Sport Foundation is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people and adults at risk engaged in sporting activities locally.
It aims to contribute to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk by:
- Committing to the Child Protection in Sport Unit’s Safeguarding Framework.
- Implementing and demonstrating best safeguarding practice when core staff, volunteers or others are providing services, activities and programmes for children, young people and adults at risk
- Working with partners to establish and implement agreed, consistent minimum safeguarding standards for sports activities locally
- Supporting those working in sport by giving them knowledge, guidance and raising awareness of what they need to do to protect these vulnerable groups and minimise avoidable risks.
- Requiring those individuals or organisations that are funded or commissioned to provide any services for children and young people to effectively address safeguarding requirements
- Maximising its influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within its wider partnership roles and relationships
- Having a senior board level champion with the required knowledge, skills and expertise
You can read our Safeguarding policy HERE.