The STARS (Supporting Talented Athletes Recognition Scheme) is the only one of its kind within the West Yorkshire area.
The scheme provides nationally ranked sports athletes with free access to participating sports facilities in the county for personal training and development.
To be eligible, you must be:
- A current national sports person. This is defined as being part of the national squad within the last 12 months, currently in the top 20 of their governing body ranking list, or currently part of the national training programme
- Either a resident in West Yorkshire for the majority of the year, member of a West Yorkshire club or studying in West Yorkshire
- Able to provide national governing body evidence to support their application.
- Part of the amateur game. The scheme is not for professional players.
- There are no age restrictions for applicants to this scheme
All applications must be made online. Applications open on Monday 14 February 2022 and close at 5pm on Monday 14 March. A second application window will open in September 2022.
Participating facilities are provided by Bradford Council, Calderdale Council, KAL, Leeds City Council and Wakefield Council. You can take a look at the terms and conditions.
Please note that this service is not available in South Yorkshire.