Covid Alert Levels: Jan 6, 2021 – expected to change on March 8
South Yorkshire (Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield) and West Yorkshire (Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds and Wakefield):
National Lockdown .
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You are allowed to exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
If you are clinically extremely vulnerable you should only go out for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential.
Next stage: COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021
A four-step roadmap from March 8 lifts restrictions, with five weeks between each step. All dates subject to change based on data.
Step 1a – March 8.
- Children and students return safely to face-to-face education
- Childcare and children’s supervised activities can resume
- People can leave home for recreation and exercise outdoors with their household, support bubble or one other person
Step 1b – March 29.
- The ‘stay at home’ rule ends.
- People should continue to work from home where they can
- Outdoor gatherings of either 6 people or 2 households will be allowed
- Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis or basketball courts will reopen and organised adult and children’s sport, such as grassroots football, will also return
- Outdoor swimming pools and lidos plus open water venues will be allowed to open for both children and adults and for all activity.
Take a look at what the different tiers generally mean for the delivery of sport and activity, by visiting this page put together by Sport England in consultation with the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
Join the Movement: We have been spending more time at home and away from our friends than we might like, which is why staying as physically active as possible is more important than ever.
Join the Movement is Sport England’s campaign, funded by The National Lottery, giving you the advice and tools you need to help you do this while the country deals with the coronavirus outbreak.